Did You Know?
Professional real estate photography is one of the most important investments a real estate agent, builder, investor or owner can make when trying to sell a property. It is the photos that make the first impression and bring potential buyers through the door. The better the photos, the more foot traffic; the more foot traffic, the greater probability of an offer.
At D.J. Johnston Photography, we understand the importance of this investment. When we arrive at a shoot, we take the time to understand the property and it's unique selling features before we snap a photo. When it comes to the photos, we use complex photographic techniques to ensure we capture all the intricate details that will "wow" potential buyers.
The techniques we use are similar to those used in magazines and for multi-million dollar properties. The difference is, we offer them at a reasonable cost and with a quick turnaround. Why do we do it? Because you're investing in us and we want you to have the best possible product to represent your property and your brand.
Contact us to schedule a photo shoot for your next listing!
1. Buyers spend 60% of their time looking at listing photos and only 20% each on the listing description and agent description (The Wall Street Journal).
2. Homes with high-quality photos receive 47% higher asking price per square foot (cbsnews.com).
3. 83% of buyers sited photos as very important (investordetails.wordpress.com).
4. Homes with professionally photographed pictures can sell for up to $19,000 more (marketleader.com).
5. Agents who outsource photography can earn twice as much commission as those who do not (inman.com).
6. Listings with professional photographs sell 32% faster, spending only 89 days on the market compared to 123 days for other homes (PR Newswire).
7. Listings with professional photos receive 118% more online views (Imoto Photo).
8. 83% of homebuyers rated photos of properties for sale as the most useful website feature (National Association of Realtors).
9. 75% of agents and 73% of brokers ranked "quality of property photographs" as the most important feature (realtrends.com).
10. Professional photography can help sell your listing 39% closer to the original listing price (Imoto Photo).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I schedule my photo session to ensure I have my photos in time for listing?
A: Listing photos are processed and provided to the agent within 24 hours of the photo shoot completion. At a minimum, schedule your session no later than 24 hour prior to your listing date. HINT: Inclement weather can impact the ability to take exterior photos. When considering the timing of photos, allow time to account for unforeseen circumstances.
Q: What should I do to prepare for the photo session?
A: Ensure that the house is in "showing" condition. Potential buyers will make initial decisions based on what the photograph conveys. A clean, clutter-free, well staged house is more likely to attract buyers.
Q: How long does the photo session take?
A: All sessions vary in length, but as a rule of thumb expect the session to take 1 hour per 1000 square feet (ex. a 2000 square foot house will take about 2 hours).
Q: Who needs to be present at the photo shoot?
A: At a minimum, the person representing the seller in the transaction needs to be present for the duration of the photo shoot. The homeowner does not need to be present, unless the property is "for sale by owner."
Q: How many photos will I receive?
A: This varies based on the size of the property. However, as a general rule of thumb, you will receive 1 photo for every 100 square feet (ex. a 2000 square foot house will receive 20 photos).
Q: How will I receive my photos?
A: All photos are uploaded to a private real estate gallery where they can be accessed, downloaded and shared. All private galleries are password protected so that only the contracting agent can access them. Once uploaded, an email will be generated with the link and password. NOTE: Upon request or in the instance of a website outage, the photos will be delivered on a USB drive.
Q: How much does a session cost?
A: The price for a standard session is a flat $150. Additional services can be added to the standard session for additional cost. Examples of additional services include: videos, slide shows, and nighttime exterior photos.
Q: What forms of payment do you accept and when is it due?
A: Payment in the forms of cash and check are accepted. All payment is due at the completion of the photo shoot.